The Jewels of Kingwood provides original, handmade custom designed art prints and paper-crafting supplies via the Company website(s) offered from time to time at jewelsofkingwood.com (collectively, the “Site,” or “Sites”). Information that is collected from you is primarily to make it easier and more rewarding for you to shop in our online store. This Custom Design Service is owned and operated exclusively by The Jewels of Kingwood (“Company”, “we” or “us”).
This policy applies where we are acting as a data controller with respect to the personal data of our Site visitors and users (hereinafter both “Users”). in other words, where we determine the purposes and means of the processing of that personal data.
Terms of Service
- Types and Uses of Collected Information. The Company collects two types of information about you:
- We may process data about your use of our website and services (“usage data”). The usage data may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use. The source of the usage data may be our analytics tracking software. This usage data may be processed for the purposes of analyzing the use of the website and services. The legal basis for this processing is based on your consent by using the Service.
- We may process your account data (“account data”). The account data may include your name and email address. The account data may be processed for the purposes of operating our website, providing our services, ensuring the security of our website and services, maintaining back-ups of our databases and communicating with you. The legal basis for this processing is based on your consent by using the Service.
- We may process your information included in your personal profile on our Site (“profile data”). The profile data may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, and birthday and/or anniversary details. The profile data may be processed for the purposes of enabling and monitoring your use of our website and services. The legal basis for this processing is based on your consent by using the Service.
- We may process [information contained in any inquiry you submit to us regarding goods and/or services (“inquiry data”). The inquiry data may be processed for the purposes of offering, marketing and selling relevant goods and/or services to you. The legal basis for this processing is based on your consent by using the Service.
- We may process information relating to transactions, including purchases of goods and services, that you enter into with us and/or through our Site (“transaction data”). The transaction data may include your contact details, your credit card details and the transaction details. The transaction data may be processed for the purpose of supplying the purchased goods and services and keeping proper records of those transactions. The legal basis for this processing is based on your consent by using the Service.
- Public Content. The information that you contribute through this Custom Design Service is intended for public consumption, including your reviews, photos, comments, likes, bookmarks, friends, lists, compliments, and account profile.
- Release of Personally Identifiable Information. We will not sell or share your Personally Identifiable Information with other parties except as noted herein.
- Financial transactions relating to the Services are handled by our payment services providers. We will share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds. You can find information about the payment services providers’ privacy policies and practices at PayPal.com .
Release of Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
- Updating Information. If you are enrolled in the Company Service, you may change any of your Personally Identifiable Information by logging into your account and accessing the “Member Profile Page” section of the Company Service. We encourage you to promptly update your Personally Identifiable Information if it changes, as out-of-date Personally Identifiable Information may negatively affect the quality of your Company Service experience.
- Security of Information. You can access your Personally Identifiable Information via the Company with your password and username. This password is encrypted. We advise against sharing your password with anyone. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-in mechanism appropriately and limiting access to your computer, browser, or mobile device by signing off after you have finished accessing your account. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time. If we believe that the security of your information may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. In addition, your Personally Identifiable Information resides on a secure server that only selected personnel and contractors have access to. We may encrypt certain sensitive information using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to ensure that your Personally Identifiable Information is safe as it is transmitted to us. However, no data transmission can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we employ commercially reasonable security measures to protect data and seek to partner with companies that do the same, we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from or via the Company Service, and we are not responsible for the actions of any third parties that may receive any such information.
- Your principal rights under data protection law are:
- the right to access;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to object to processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
- the right to withdraw consent.
8.1 You have the right to have any inaccurate personal data about you rectified and, taking into account the purposes of the processing, to have any incomplete personal data about you completed.
8.2 In some circumstances you have the right to the erasure of your personal data without undue delay. Those circumstances include: the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed; you withdraw consent to consent-based processing; you object to the processing under certain rules of applicable data protection law; the processing is for direct marketing purposes; and the personal data have been unlawfully processed.
10. Public Areas. We may provide areas on the Company site where you can publicly post information about yourself or can communicate with others such as on forums. This information may be accessible by other users and companies and may appear on other websites or web searches, and therefore this information could be read, collected, and used by others. We have no control over who reads your comments or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so please use caution when posting any content or providing anything that could be deemed personal information.
Notice of Privacy Rights to California Residents.
California law requires that we provide you with a summary of your privacy rights under the California Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and the California Business and Professions Code. As required by COPPA, we will provide you with the categories of Personally Identifiable Information that we collect through the Company site and the categories of third party persons or entities with whom such Personally Identifiable Information may be shared for direct marketing purposes at your request. California law requires us to inform you, at your request, (1) the categories of Personally Identifiable Information we collect and what third parties we share that information with; (2) the names and addresses of those third parties; and (3) examples of the products marketed by those companies. COPPA further requires us to allow you to control who you do not want us to share that information with. To obtain this information, please send a request by email or physical mail to the address found below. When contacting us, please indicate your name, address, email address, and what Personally Identifiable Information you do not want us to share with our marketing partners. The request should be sent to the attention of our legal department and labeled “California Customer Choice Notice.” Please allow 30 days for a response. Also, please note that there is no charge for controlling the sharing of your Personally Identifiable Information or requesting this notice.
11. Children. The Company Service are not directed to people under the age of eighteen (18). If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at the email address listed below. If we become aware that a child under eighteen (18) has provided us with personal information, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
The Jewels of Kingwood
2238 Pine Cone Dr
Kingwood, TX 77339
Data Protections Officer: