Please READ Carefully!
Please read the following information carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
Your right to privacy is important to us. We take the security of your personal information seriously and we have strict policies and processes in place to ensure it remains safe.
We are a small, home-based design studio and our registered address is 2238 Pine Cone Dr, Kingwood, TX 77339. If you provide us with personal information via or through using our site or by otherwise communicating with us, we will act as the ‘data controller’ of your personal information. Under the Data Protection Act 1998, the ‘data controller’ is responsible for ensuring that your personal information is lawfully and properly processed.
Our Site allows you to:
– download digital creations,
– purchase physical/tangible creations, and
– to subscribe to receive email newsletters so you can keep up to date with information and the latest news.
So that we can do all of this and more, we may need to share your information with a number of partners. Therefore, some of your information may be ‘processed’ by one or more of these entities.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following information about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by telephone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you: use our Site; register to use our Site; subscribe to receive newsletters and marketing (via email) about The Jewels of Kingwood; search for creations on our Site; and place an order for creations on our Site. The information you give us may include your title, first and last names, address, country of residence, e-mail address and contact telephone number, date of birth, personal messages you wish to send to recipients of creations that you have ordered as a gift from our Site and/or details relating to why you are corresponding/contacting us.
Information we collect about you may include:
- Records of our contact with you, which may include notes on our systems, emails or electronic communications and written correspondence, and any telephone number used by you to call our customer service phone number.
Information we receive from other sources may include:
- services/statistics/payment management with third parties (including for example, business partners, technical and payment services providers, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers) to ensure that our Site and the information and/or services we provide to you work effectively and we may receive information about you from them.
INFORMATION THIRD PARTIES MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
You can find out how to manage cookies, and to make the changes to your browser that we refer to above at this site: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
We use the following cookies:
– Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, or use a shopping cart.
– Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
– Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Subscribing to email newsletters and email marketing
If you ask us to keep you up to date via email with the latest news and information about The Jewels of Kingwood, we will gather information to measure and understand the effectiveness of the email communications sent to you.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us
We will use this information as follows:
– to permit you to purchase creations from our Site;
– download creations and complimentary preview materials and content from our Site;
– to keep you up to date with the latest news and information about us. This will only happen where you have consented to receiving such news and information (e.g. by ticking the appropriate box on our Site) from us. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please do not tick the relevant box on our Site and, if you have ticked the relevant box in the past, please contact us and ask us to cease using your information in this way;
– to allow you to participate in the interactive features of this Site, when you choose to do so;
– to notify you about changes to our Site, changes to the products and/or services offered via our Site and/or changes to the terms and conditions and/or policies shown on our Site; and/or
– to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you
We will use this information as follows:
– for the purposes of carrying out your requests (for example, to address matters relating to our Site and/or the services provided via our Site) which you make known to us in electronic communications, written correspondence and/or during telephone calls you make to our customer service number and for the purposes of keeping records of the aforementioned electronic communications, written correspondence and/or telephone calls;
– to administer our Site and for internal operations. Such internal operations will involve troubleshooting of technical issues that arise in relation to our Site; testing of our Site following resolution of such technical issues; analysis of statistics arising from the information collected about you (for example, using information gathered by cookies on our Site to ascertain what content on our Site is accessed by members of a particular age group) and will only involve the use and/or processing of information in an anonymous form to measure and understand the effectiveness of the services provided via our Site (for example, we may study aggregate information about the number of people who access our Site and go on to purchase products via our Site);
– to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
– to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Site, when you choose to do so;
– as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
– to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about products or services that may interest you or them.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
We may share your information with selected third parties:
– Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Site such as Google Analytics; and/or
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
– If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation; and/or
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your personal information on our Site and/or by changing your cookie settings on your internet browser.
Updated revision 5/25/2017